Headlines: 20 May 2022
– White House secures first batch of overseas baby formula as part of Operation Fly Formula program
– The Great Resignation continued in April with eight states seeing an increase in the number of workers who quit their jobs
– Number of people receiving unemployment insurance falls below 1% for the first time since 1969
– The average price of a gallon of gasoline now exceeds $4 in all fifty states for the first time in US history
– Crude oil prices hit $114, an 11% increase over prices recorded this time last month
– The Bitcoin and crypto-collapse continues to have massive impacts on Wall Street, some coins like Luna have hit zero
– Inflation continues to cut into the purchasing power of consumers: what products have seen a decrease in price?
Helpful information & links
– Does working after one’s full retirement age increase Social Security benefits?
– New York State offers home loan forgiveness program
– Wide support for California $400 gas check